We always crave for food that are not available on the typical 30 item menu in restaurants. We also understand that many migrants struggle to integrate fully into a new community.
Together we thought what better than to combine these two things and bring people together through a love of food. Creating the app that is to not only give foodies access to delicious dishes, but to connect communities and absorb in the rich culture.
"SMISH, a manifestation from a singular ginormous world changing twist of event!"
Well, the story isn't as dramatic, but certainly equality as exciting if you're a food lover! SMISH came from a combination of years of frustration and many stories of friends and family wanting to share and crave for delicious food. We come from families centres conversation around food.
Talk about how it all started
- Live in the community not getting to know each other
- Food that smells so good when you are walking around the neighbourhood
- Small of food that you are so familiar with but can't buy them anywhere in the restaurant
At the office, colleagues bring in really nice home-cook meals. Seeing colleagues selling food
FOOD! That's the solution to solve the world's social problem! That's the SECRET FORMULA!
- Worked in the office
- Colleague cooked really nice food
- Other colleague started asking whether she could make more and sell it to them when she makes them
- Asked if she was selling it to other people as well and was told that she would if she could reach out to more people who are interested
- Brother-in-law's mother migrated over to New Zealand.
- Couldn't really socialise the people in the neighbourhood because of language barrier but cooks really authentic food and love to share it with people.
- Wouldn't it be good idea to bring the community together through the love of food.
- Walking around the neighbourhood in the early evening.
- Could smell people around the neighbourhood cooking really nice smelling food that brings back childhood memories of food that I haven't had for a long time.
- Wishing that I could get in touch with them and ask if they would make extra for sell.
- Working in the same office
- Same food around the office
- Lazy to cook and bring lunch
- Wishing I could get some home cook meals
- Worked in Switzerland
- Craving for the food that couldn't be found in any restaurant in Switzerland
- Travelled 2 hours to Germany to buy them
- Surely there's someone there in the community that could cook that food.
- Work colleague have got kids with severe allergies to specific food.
- One can't have diary, one can't have eggs, one can't have peanuts.
- Have to cook three different meals daily to ensure they do not get an allergy breakout
- Always worried about taking their kids out for a meal or ordering take outs.
- Wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy food from community with the same allergies and cooking their own meals.